PHS Math Team
The Math Team at Pullman High School is comprised of about 30 students competing individually and in teams at both the regional and national levels.
- 2017 AIME Qualifiers: AMC12A Dmitri Saberi, AMC10A James Park
- 2017 National 4x4 Competition: Top 20 Team
- 2016 National Ciphering Time Trials: Top 20 Team
- 2016 State Math is Cool 9th/10th 1st Place Team
- 2016 State Math is Cool 11th/12th 2nd Place Team
- 2016 Regional Math is Cool 9th/10th 2nd Place Team
- 2016 National 4x4 Competition: Top 20 Team
- 2015 State Math is Cool 9th/10th 3rd Place Team
- 2nd Place State Geometry Individual: Dana Lu
- 2015 Regional Math is Cool 11th/12th 3rd Place Team
- 2015 Regional Math is Cool 9th/10th 2nd Place Team
When: The regular season Runs from September to March. With district meets occurring monthly from November to February. The Regional Competition (Varsity only) happens in March with the State Competition taking place two weeks after regionals. Practices are Mondays from 3:00 to 4:00pm.
Who: All Pullman High School students are welcome to join the Math Team and will compete in all competitions (except State Math is Cool) as long as they meet the eligibility requirements.
What: Online individual and team tests, paper individual and team tests, and in-person individual and team tests with buzzer rounds included!
How: To join, students must fill out this registration form and talk to Coach Brown. To compete, players must keep a 3.0 GPA and attend practices. Team captains must commit to taking on a leadership role within the team.